|Knowing the fair market value of Emerson pianos is useful to sellers, buyers and owners.
This information can help guide you in making important decisions.
William P. Emerson established the W. P. Emerson Piano Co. in 1843 at 120 Boylston St. in Boston,
Massachusetts. In 1871 the location was at 395 Washington Street. W. P. Emerson died in the late
1870s, and by 1879 the firm was purchased by Patrick H. Powers, O.A. Kimball and J. Gramer, and
the name of the company was changed to The Emerson Piano Co. In 1880 their address was at
595 Washington St.; and 560 Harrison Ave. in 1890. Emerson was one of several prominent old
Boston names in piano building, and by the turn-of-the-century they were one of the largest and
most successful piano manufacturers in the United States. They built high quality, expensive pianos,
and were well known for their lavish use of exotic woods and handsome cabinetry. The firm became
part of the United Piano Corp. in 1922. Also made Gramer pianos, and manufactured pianos for the
Thomas Goggan & Bros. Co. of Galveston, Texas. Later purchased by the Aeolian-American Piano
Corp., with manufacturing in Memphis, TN. After 1940, Emerson pianos were manufactured by Ivers
& Pond and the Poole Piano Co. (controlled by Aeolian) until about 1982.
No longer in production since Aeolian went out of business in 1985.
DETERMINE THE VALUE OF USED EMERSON PIANOS HERE
|~ Emerson Piano Prices ~
Prices / Value of Upright and Grand
|©2000-2013 Concert Pitch Piano Services. All rights reserved.
|CONCERT PITCH PIANO SERVICES