|Knowing the fair market value of Cable pianos is useful to sellers, buyers and owners.
This information can help guide you in making important decisions.
The Cable Piano Co. was established in 1880 by H.D. Cable. H.D. Cable was originally with the
Wolfinger Organ Co., which later changed to the Western Cottage Organ Co. and then to the
Chicago Cottage Organ Co. In 1890, H.D. Cable consolidated with Conover Bros. and his two
brothers, Fayette S. and Hobart M. Cable (although Fayette S. and Hobart M. Cable continued
building pianos under their own brand names). Cable and Conover then acquired the Schiller Piano
Co. of Oregon, IL , and used the Schiller pianos as their higher end models. By the 1900s, Cable had
two factories in Illinois (Chicago and St. Charles) and manufactured pianos under the names:
Conover, Cable, DeKoven, Kingsbury, Midget, Puritan, Wellington, Schiller; also made Euphona,
Carola and Inner-Player player pianos. "Tonarch" and "Crownstay" were trademarks of the Cable
Piano Co. (involving soundboard patents). Other owners of the firm included Jackson & Wabash of
Chicago; Winter & Co. and ultimately, the Aeolian Corp. of New York until about 1982. Pianos were
manufactured in Memphis, TN during Aeolian's ownership. In 2001, Gibson Guitars acquired the
Cable name when they purchased Baldwin.
Cable pianos are no longer in production.
See also Cable-Nelson, Conover-Cable and Hobart M. Cable
DETERMINE THE VALUE OF USED CABLE PIANO CO. PIANOS HERE
|~ Cable Piano Prices ~
|©2000-2018 Concert Pitch Piano Services. All rights reserved.
|CONCERT PITCH PIANO SERVICES